JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Squish the Girls



I turned 40 this year and am now at that wonderful threshold of yearly mammograms. I know that some women despise them, but I'm not one of them. I also don't mind paps, so perhaps I'm a freak. I mean, I don't consider it equivalent to a fun day at the zoo, but I do what I need to do to stay healthy.

I'm not menopausal...yet, but I have started to think about whether or not I will take hormones. Well, I just read an article this am about a new study that is a tad scary. I am leaning towards not taking them when the time comes.

I'm not here to tell you one way or another what to do. You need to do your own research and weigh all the pros and cons. I am going to tell you, however, that despite whatever you decide, get your girls squished. Have a baseline mammogram done at age 35 and then yearly starting at 40. Of course if you or your family has a family history of breast cancer, discuss the best plan for you with your doctor.

Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'll tell you, my mom has been taking hormones for years and has had no complications with them. She gets reevaluated every year or so to make sure her dosage is correct for her and there has never been any issues.

My aunt decided to go the natural route and has also (as far as I know) had a successful experience.

It's a personal decision and I know that you of all people will make a very informed decision when the time comes of what is right for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Alreaday HAD mine squished a few years ago. I didn't mind either.

Sherrie said...

I will have my first mammogram in April. While I'm not looking forward to it, I do know the importance of it. My aunt passed away in November from breast cancer. So, that's the first case in our family. With that said, I will take extra precautions. Like your blog!