JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Simple Life


I live a very simple life.

I know that most of you who follow my blog don't personally know me. About 4 years ago, I was working as a nurse manager making $60,000/year. I chose to leave the job behind for a more simple life and to be able to be home with my son. It was a HUGE pay cut.

Little luxuries are not taken for granted. I have learned to go without and am blessed that today's economy hasn't really affected our way of living as a result.

Anyways, my mother-in-law literally lives about 200 feet from us on the same property. She bought a hot tub a week ago and put it on her porch. The porch has a roof, but the sides are open. We live in the country, so I have a wonderful view of nature.

I'm sitting here typing, dripping wet. I was just in the hot tub, all by myself, and reflecting on the stress in my life. The past 15 months have been so terribly stressful with my brother's brain tumor.

I have a habit of talking to myself outloud when I'm alone. I sat in the tub, praying to God, talking about the situation, and imagining giving all my problems like a stack of folded laundry to Jesus.

It's funny. I read the Bible. I go to church. I "know" that God says he will take care of us. It's hard, sometimes, to really really "know" it though. Jesus tells us to give Him our burdens...that He can easily carry them...if only we will trust.

As I'm having this conversation with God in the hot tub, I look in the woods and see a squirrel running through the trees. I realize that the squirrel has no worries. It's not concerned with tomorrow. Yet, the Bible tells us that God loves all of His creations...even the squirrel. If He is willing to take care of the squirrel, He will take care of me.

I guess that I'm just writing this for myself because I want to remember this moment. God spoke to me.

Now, I think I'll get up because my carpet is wet!

Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: