JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brian's Brain Update



Just got off the phone with mom. They are on their way home from the neurosurgeon now.

Dr VanLovern doesn't feel that the current situation is an emergency. He wants Brian to get stronger and take off some weight. Dr V would like to do surgery at the end of March/beginning of April. If push comes to shove, he WILL do it in February, but he would prefer not to.

The pressure that Brian is feeling IS probably coming from the residual tumor. Also, and I COMPLETELY FORGOT about this, after brain surgery, people can experience severe headaches for a year afterwards. His nerve endings are waking up, so he is getting this sensation now.

Brian will just keep taking the pain meds as needed. Although he has a gym membership, he fatigues so quickly that he hasn't been going. The fatigue is tumor-related. I have a nice treadmill that I may ask Keith to help talk over there. If Brian can jump on it in 5 or 10 min spurts when he does feel good, it can help. They are also going to adjust his steroids.

So, I feel like I can breathe because we know exactly where we are and have a plan. The unknown piece sucked sooo much.

...and I've decided to jump on the ChaLEAN Extreme bandwagon!!!!! I'll finish out this week doing various workouts, and officially start it on Monday. I may have to stop in the midst of phase 3, but that is ok.

WHEW!

Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: