JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Self, I mean, scale-hatred



I HATE scales. I LOATHE scales. They are nothing but a source of frustration and lies.

I can't begin to tell you how many people I have had to talk down from the ledge because of what that little piece of #&$* has said to them.

So many factors can affect that little number that drives us to sweat bullets. What we are wearing, what we had to drink, what we had to eat, what our health status is, etc.

The scale doesn't tell us the most important part...what our muscle to fat ratio is. I know people who are 140 lbs but wear a size 2 because they are muscle and compact. I also know people who are 140 lbs but wear a size 10 because they are more fat than muscle. Fat takes up more space.

Here is a picture to illustrate:


This is one pound of muscle and one pound of fat. Both weigh the same, but you can see that the muscle takes up less space. Be less concerned about what your scale says and more concerned about your body fat percentage. Get yourself a pair of body fat calipers. If you need more info about how to find out your body fat, go to my website and click contact. I'll be happy to guide you.

Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Suddenly slimmer said...

I'm not scale person as well, scale is like misleading first impression. I prefer to measure my waist line.
Nice blog :)