JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Excuse me while I climb up


Pardon me, but I am climbing on my soapbox this am. I'm supposed to review a health/fitness article today, but I'll make it up next week or so.

I was thinking this morning about responsibility. It absolutely baffles me that society, as a whole, is moving in the direction of not taking responsibility for its actions. On the mioptic level, people don't take responsibility for their own decisions or actions and wonder why things turn out as they do.

Huh? Am I missing a piece of the puzzle? Did I not get the order from the Executive Office that we no longer have to be responsible for our own choices?

Who I am responsible for and to? I'm responsible to my God. I'm responsible for myself. I'm responsible for my child until he turns 18. Other than that, I'm not responsible for actions taken by others.

I own my decisions. Thankfully, I know who I am and what I stand for. I have worked hard since I was 15 years old. I've earned everything I have. No apologies will be given. No compromise will be done. This bizarre notion that people are owed something...whether from the government or other sources...doesn't compute for me. If I "share" or "give" something, it's of my own volition. If I don't, again...my choice.

People, WAKE UP! Take responsibility for yourselves! If you don't like the outcome, change your response. Look within for change...not for someone to give you something. Hard work will get you ahead, not handouts.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you. People don't take responsibility. This is why we find our country in the position it's in today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for expressing so vehemently what I and many others feel. It's always "It's not my fault!" Kids get taught their RIGHTS but not their responsibilities. The only good thing is that by the time our kids run the country I will be suffering from terminal old age and won't care.