JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Almost Two-Thirds of Americans Meet Exercise Guidelines


Such is the title of an article published on Dec 4th, 2008.

I have a really hard time believing that this is true because the obesity rates in America continue to increase...now reaching from the adult population to our children.

The 2010 guidelines by the the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services call for adults to do at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity five days per week, or 20 minutes of vigorous activity three days a week. The current 2008 guidelines call for 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity per week. Based on a survey, 2/3 of Americans meet the 2008 guidelines.

How I hope that is true! I don't buy it, however. I think it's an inflated number of what people "think" they do. If it were correct, wouldn't we see the obesity rates decrease? Perhaps people are getting physical activity, but their diet is so unhealthy, it doesn't matter? I don't know the answer. I only know what I see when I go into the mall or any other public place.

I want people to get in shape. I want people to eat healthy. If you want the same thing for yourself, but you don't know where to start, PLEASE contact me!!!! I can help you get started in the right direction.


Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: