JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hats Off

Hats off to all single parents!

Honestly...these past 2 weeks have been so hard. Playing the role of mom, teacher, AND dad, plus having to run every aspect of the household alone is exhausting. I'm learning to get by on less sleep.

Here's a basic run down of my day:
Up at 5am to get caught up on all of the computer stuff.
Work out at 6am. Shower and dress at 7am.
Do chores until I wake my son at 8:30am.
Start school at 10am.
Depending on the day, we throw in occupational therapy, karate, swimming, Cub Scouts, field trips, and as of today 4-H club.
Finish up whatever chores are left for the day.
Eat dinner, hit the hot tub, play with the dogs outside.
Put the big dogs away for the night and let out the flying squirrel at 8pm. Play with him.
FINALLY get the boy into his room between 9 and 10pm.
THEN I finally hit the sack.

Where the heck is MY time?!??!!?! At this point, it no longer exists except first thing in the am. It's ok. I know I have to sacrifice, but wow, it's hard.

The flip side is that I'm having no problem burning the calories I need to burn or walking the steps that I need to walk. It's almost effortless, which is a tad scary.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Great post, Ro. I can relate to the constant go go go, but it must be so much more challenging when you're a parent, and a single one at that. Hats off to you, you're taking care of it!

Barbara said...

Rochelle,

Just wanted you to know we think you are incredible. Your VERY organized and always seem to take care of whatever you need to do. Just wanted to let you know that we are always here for you.

We are so proud of Keith and we wish him the very best and a safe return home.

We love you! Mom, Tom and Brian