JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Superhero

I've been struggling.

There's no shame in it. I'm human.

I am a self-professed emotional eater. I have been all my life. Growing up, I was taught that you eat when you are happy, sad, celebrating, bored, and STRESSED. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress due to my brother's brain tumor and impending surgery, homeschooling and trying to work through the struggles my son is having, my husband's business and the current economy, the unfortunate end of a friendship, trying to be everything to all people, burning the candle at both ends.

Being a coach is SO important to me. It is important because I have seen too many things in my many years as a nurse that could have been prevented with a proper diet and exercise. I LOVE to teach people. It's my nature. It's what I do as a nurse. I have always been that nurse that took the new nurses under her wing. I've been the mama.

However, being a coach brings a certain level of responsibility. I know that. I know that people hold me to a different standard. I know that people look up to me. I appreciate it, but I don't deserve it. I am no different than any of you.

One of my coaches hit the bullseye when she told me that she thinks of me as a superhero. Wow. A superhero. In a cartoon world, it sounds nice. In reality, it's pressure that I can't live up to.

I'm here to tell you that I am NOT a superhero. I'm an ordinary woman with typical life issues. I have to take one day at a time just like you do. I mess up. I climb back up. I'm surrounded by caring people to hold me up.

I'm human. There's no shame in it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ro, your heart is what makes you "our Superhero".. Your love for helping shines through in everything that you do. The fact that you allow us to see that it is also possible for the "best coach" on BB to struggle too, let's me know that, everyone has bad days, and we are all human.

Lady there are no standards set for you.. We already see your heart, in every little way that you are helping us to be healthy human beings. God has blessed us with a special Coach, and I am eternally thankful for you Coach RO!
Janet

Natalie said...

As moms, I think we sometimes hold ourselves to a higher standards, and assume other people do, too. It makes me feel better to know that you have, and admit(!), to your own failures. It helps me to know that I can wobble, but pick myself up and go one. In the past, I've given up after one or two setbacks, you're showing all of us that you can falter and go on! Thank you!