JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Monday, June 7, 2010

When it rains, it pours

Wow...haven't been here much lately. Life has been crazy. This past week has been crazier than my usual crazy.

My hubby has been gone from us for a total of 13 weeks this year for training. He came home this past week on a 4-day leave before finally deploying out of the country.

I had visions in my head of how the 4 days were supposed to go. In my vision, we would spend the 4 days relaxing out by the pool. My honey-do-list was very short and easy. We were going to have a mini-vacation at home...making memories.

Ummmm...yea...we made memories all right. Let me tell you how the 4 days actually went.

The afternoon before he flew in, my new iPad arrived. Awesome!!!! I couldn't wait to show him. The next morning, about 7am or so, my computer...my entire biz...DIED!!!! As in R.I.P. Hard drive gone. Go ahead...ask me the next logical question. Didn't I always back everything up?

No!!!!!! ***rolling eyes***

I don't have time to worry about it though...we head out to pick up hubby. YAY!!!!!

Picking him up at the airport WAS just as a I imagined. Seeing him walk down the corridor in his uniform towards us was an incredible feeling. I thought my child would bounce of the walls.

We get home in the early evening. Keith tries to fix my computer but can't. I get up early the next am and head to our computer guy. Yep, he confirms that the hard drive is VERY damaged, and he can't get any info off of it. If I want to get the info, I have to send it out to a special place...the kind of place where the FBI would send data to be extracted. HA!

Soooooo...new computer ordered. Fine.

Next, I ask Keith to put some boxes into our shed. Next thing I know, he's in our house on the couch and says "Something is biting me. Huh? It's fleas?"

WHAT? We DON'T have fleas.

He gets into the tub, strips off his clothes, fills up the tub. Not kidding...about 50 or so fleas were there!!!!!!! Apparently our shed is invested and he brought these little buggers into the house. UGH!

Yep...enjoying the vacation so far.

I jump into fix-it mode. My first thought is to vacuum right away and get the ones on the surface. Pull out the vacuum, plug it in, and...wait...why isn't it sucking up? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I look down...fleas are on my feet. GROSS!

So, I run out of the house to get flea stuff at the vet (who closed early that day...I didn't make it) and buy a new vacuum cleaner. Oh yea, and an external hard drive too.

We spend the next day getting everything cleaned, set, ready. We DID spend quality time together...just not the vision in my head.

To top off everything, on Friday am...the day that Keith was leaving us...he gets a call from his unit. He was supposed to be back the DAY BEFORE!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!!?! Apparently the orders had changed, and he didn't know. Funny cuz his itinerary...which had his return flight on it...had to be given in advance to his supervisor. Oh well, not much we could do.

I have to be honest...my eating was LESS than stellar this past week. In fact, it was bad. I only worked out 3x too. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it though. I was incredibly stressed and did the best I could.

Today is a new day and I'm starting anew. I've learned to be forgiving of myself and not let slip-ups define who I am.

Keith is on a plane right now...headed somewhere...don't know where...don't know when we'll hear from him. I'm incredibly proud of him and all of the other men and women serving in the Armed Forces...keeping us all safe.

In the meantime, I will keep our home running...flea-free darn it!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: