JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Thoughts

Today is Father's Day. It is kind of bittersweet for me because there is so much turmoil in our family right now. None of this turmoil can be helped, but it's there. For those of you who are unaware, my brother was diagnosed with a massive benign brain tumor in October. He is facing the first of two brain surgeries in about a week. It has literally been one of the most stressful times in my life. I have struggled with my faith during this time, and it has been my friends who have held me up.

My brother read to me yesterday something that he is writing. It is about happiness and looking for the best in people...expecting the best in people...instead of the worst. My brother is not a writer, so I was dumb-founded because his words were concise and right on point. It was obviously written from the heart and very moving.

He really made me think. I need to cut myself a break. Stop trying to vie for perfection. I'm the classic Type-A personality and don't do anything half-assed. This includes decisions and pressures that I put on myself. For the next two weeks, I need to focus on my family. It is simply a reality of life right now. Will it mean that I may stress eat? Maybe. Will it mean that I'll work out? Maybe. I don't know these answers, and it's OK!

I do know that once the stress has lessened and my brother is recovering, I'll be able to think about myself again. My family is so important to me, and I need to be there for my brother, my mom, and everyone else.

On this Father's Day, I am so thankful for my husband of 17 years. He is my rock. He is my best friend. He is the father of our son. He supports me unconditionally. I am thankful for my brother, who is a dad but at long distance. I am thankful for my dad, who is going through some things of his own. I pray that you also have happiness and celebrate the men in your life today.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: