JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Allergy, Smalergy

I am now on a quest.

Tomorrow begins our official quest for a medical evaluation of our son. We are going to his pediatrician. Now, I'm a nurse...I know that it will be maybe a 15 min visit. That is NOT enough time to evaluate and diagnosis ADHD. However, I want a record of it and some info, so we are going. We do, on the other hand, have an appt next month for an in-depth evaluation at a large, well-known hospital. I understand that will take all day.

In the meantime, I'm out to learn all that I can. It's how my brain works. I need info. I need to DO something. Sitting still and waiting doesn't cut it for me.

There seems to be a major correlation between ADHD and food allergies.

Now, let's just get this piece out of the way...yes, I'm a RN and yes, I'm a Nutritional Consultant. Even so, I'm a harried mom like everyone else and often, oh so often, turn to convenience foods in addition to well-balanced meals. Do I pay much attention to preservatives, artificial flavors, etc? Nope, sure haven't. I'm just NOW willing to say ADHD, so that is a huge step itself.

A fellow homeschool mom told me about a diet that her family is on, and it's really helped her ADD child: The Feingold Diet. I checked it out last night and was VERY impressed. Immediately ordered. If anything, it will be a healthier way to eat for our ENTIRE family. I used expedited shipping and hope to have my hands on all the info by next week.

Game on!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: