JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Persevere


I have just been through the most intense 2 weeks of my life. Honestly. The life and death of the situation really helped me put "things" into perspective...view what is REALLY important in life. I say it was life-changing...a good friend says no, it just released emotions that were already there. Either way, I can see how truly blessed I am.

I have a wonderful family and terrific friends who have been sticking by me in the midst of crisis.

I KNOW that you are supposed to take care of yourself during times of stress. I KNOW that you get run-down, you won't be any good to anyone else. I KNOW these things.

Guess what?

I haven't been taking care of myself. Not a conscious choice. I literally haven't been able to eat, so I have been eating whatever my stomach will tolerate. I haven't taken my vitamins because I instinctively knew my stomach could tolerate them either. I haven't been drinking water because coffee and Dr Pepper have been needed to keep me going. I obviously haven't been pushing play. Thankfully I have been walking by default.

I have been a nurse for a very long time, but this is the first time that I have been on the other end of it for such a long period of time. I now TRULY understand.

Sometimes in life you have to do what is needed. Period. Sometimes you can't think of yourself at all because someone else needs you. Sometimes you must just "serve" without receiving anything in return.

Does this mean that I am no longer going to be eating right, pushing play, plugging for a healthy life? NO WAY! It means I've hit a bump in the road...a huge bump...but I will persevere. I am strong. I will not give up.

Life happens.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: