JOIN the Beachbody REVOLUTION!!!!!!! WATCH THIS!!! It can CHANGE your life...if...you let it.

When you are done viewing, contact me!

***You must currently live in the US to be a coach.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Duty and Honor



It's hard to be a military spouse. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I want nothing more than to be selfish and tell my husband to get out of the military, but darn it, he LOVES it. I'm proud of him for the loyalty that he has to his men and to his country.

From a spouse perspective, the uncertainty of everything sucks. Just because I am told something doesn't mean that it won't change. It makes it hard to trust. Things can change in an instant.

For example, last month we found out that my husband was going to be deployed to Iraq with his men. We've been holding off telling our little guy. Two days ago, my husband comes home with the wonderful news that he has been promoted and is being transferred to a different unit that just came back from deployment.

I should be rejoicing, right?

The answer is yes, except there is a possibility that he will still be deployed with his current unit if they need him. It makes it very hard to take that deep breath and be happy. The lack of control on my part is a difficult pill to swallow. On a mioptic level, I just want to be in my own little safe bubble with my family.

I'm so proud of the men and women who sacrifice for our freedom. I'm so proud to be part of something bigger than myself. I guess that it the lesson of a military wife...it's not about me.

God Bless our troops!

Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: